Sunday, February 5, 2012

Will exfoliating regularly help the skin maintain a youthful appearance?

I just turned 34 and I'm trying to do what I can to stave off the signs of aging. I also have oily skin, so I have to use products that are appropriate for my skin type in order to prevent breakouts. I use the St. Ives apricot scrub that is specially formulated for blemish-prone skin and I also use a moisturizer that is formulated to fight blemishes as well as moisturize. Am I doing the right thing here? Is there anything else I can do to fight the effects of aging?

Will exfoliating regularly help the skin maintain a youthful appearance?
Exfoliating your skin will definitely help you maintain a youthful glow, but doing it too much can actually make you look older b/c you're drying out the skin. I would use the apricot scrub once a week or every two weeks.



In between scrubs, I would suggest using a face wash that has some kind of acid in it. It'll gently exfoliate your skin w/out being so abrasive. I really like Alba's Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser because it has fruit enzymes that help keep your skin smooth w/out drying it out. Plus, it's organic, so it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I follow-up with Booth's Fruit Enzyme Spray and a great moisturizer.



These two products have done wonders for my skin!! I tried the St. I'ves Apricot Scrub, but it's too harsh on my skin. When I need to do a heavy exfoliating treatment, I use MD Skincare's Alpha Beta Facial Peels.



Here are some other things you can do:

-Always wear a lotion w/ SPF even on cloudy days

-Take a vitamin A supplement or drink carrot juice (Bolthouse makes a tasty one!)

-drink lots of water

-exercise. Sweating cleans out your pores!

-eat more veggies and fruits
Reply:I don't think exfoliating has to do with it. It's more like a separate thing.

horns
  • new eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment