Saturday, February 11, 2012

Apricot and Silver Pugs?

When I go to register my Pug Puppies... there has never been an option in the Color Section for Apricot or Silver.



I know the Apricot color can be rare but I have seen some Pugs with a very rich Apricot/Honey Coat.



I understand where Silver sure wouldn't be an option.

There is only ONE bloodline and ONE breeder I know of

that offers Silver colored Pugs.

I provided a link below to this Breeder.

She has some really beautiful dogs.

But, some Pug experts may refer to this breeder's Pugs as "Smutty" in Color.



And Brindle?

I dont even question that.

They had to mix with Boston Terriers to get that Coat Color.



I'm just wondering... do any of you know why AKC did away with the Apricot %26amp; Silver option on registration papers?



Heres the link to the Silver Pugs:

http://funnyfarmpugs.makeswebsites.com/



Heres the Link to view an Apricot Pug:

http://cailletpugs.com/popup.php?content...

Apricot and Silver Pugs?
Color

The colors are silver, apricot-fawn, or black. The silver or apricot-fawn colors should be decided so as to make the contrast complete between the color and the trace and the mask.



from the akc.org website.



The colors are allowed, obviously.



I can't imagine why they don't have the option on the registration papers. Maybe you should call them up and ask?



Add:



That really is quite odd. You'd think because it is the color most are, they would have it there. What color options do they have on the registration papers?
Reply:This is what I found on the AKC website. Maybe the reg. papers were a misprint or something.







Pug



Below is a list of the colors and markings available for this breed. Please refer to the breed standard for descriptions and the difference in types.



Description: The name of the color and/or markings.



Type: Standard or alternate. This is the classification of the color for show purposes. Please refer to the breed standard for specifics regarding this breed.



Code: This is the code entered on an application for registration of a dog.



Colors



Description Type Code



Black S 007

Fawn S 082

Apricot Fawn A 320

Silver Fawn A 187



*That is odd. I just checked the silver. It isn't smutty at all. It's absolutely beautiful. Wow.


No comments:

Post a Comment